- Spectre affects almost all CPUs (Intel, AMD, PowerPC, Sparc, ARM, and more) made since 1995. Meltdown only affects Intel CPUs
- Malware may be utilized to gain access to sensitive information in the CPU cache. Information stored in memory may provide the means to take control of the system.
- All types of systems including cloud servers or on-premise servers, desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones are vulnerable. Like all systems, the following Themis products are also affected by these vulnerabilities:
- RES Standard Density Servers: XR3, XR4, XR5, XR6
- RES HD Servers
- RES NT2 Servers
- Select older systems
Remedies and Performance
- Guarantee that all software running on your Themis System is securely controlled (eg. Installation, maintenance, upgrades).
- To reduce the chance of exploitation, Themis recommends adopting best security practices including:
- Updating BIOS and firmware (X8, X9, X10, X11).
- Updating appropriate operating systems with the latest patches. Relevant information links can be found below.
|OS Patch Information||Operating System Details|
|Citrix||XenServer 6.0.2, 6.2, 6.5, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3|
|Microsoft||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
Windows Server 2016, 2012
|Redhat||RHEL 7, RHEL 6, 5, 4, 3|
|SLES Linux||SLES 12, 11|
|Ubantu||Ubuntu 17.10, 16.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, 12.04 ESM|
|VMWare||ESXi 6.5, 6.0, 5.5, Workstation 14.x, 12.x|
- Note: Applied patches could impact overall system performance. Intel claims that you may experience up to a 10% decrease in performance.
For more information please refer to the following papers: