This Policy applies to information we collect:
• on the Site;
• in email, text, and other electronic communications between you and Themis; and
• through the Platform and, if applicable, the Themis Application.
It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Themis or any third party; or any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Themis Services.
We collect several types of information from and about Users of the Themis Services, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number ("personal information");
• That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the name of your employer or the state where you work; and/or
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Themis Services, and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically as you navigate through the Themis Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
• From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through the Themis Services may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Themis Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Themis Services or posting material to the Platform. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Themis Services.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with the Themis Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to the Themis Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use through the Themis Services.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve the Themis Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Themis Services according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to the Themis Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Themis Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and through the Themis Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Themis Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• to present the Themis Services and its contents to you;
• to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
• to provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
• to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
• to notify you about changes to the Themis Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features through the Themis Services;
• to provide you with access to the Themis Services;
• in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and/or
• for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
• to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
• to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Themis's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Themis about the our Users is among the assets transferred;
• to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
• for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
• with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Themis, our Users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.